Le 7 mars 2018 17:34, "Lukasz Cwik" <lc...@google.com> a écrit :

Thanks for bringing this up Romain but I believe your data points on pass
rates are only partially correct.

Sure sure, it is mainly about my own PR which a very small % of the whole
project ;).

In the past week the Java Gradle precommit passed 46.34% of the time
compared to the Java Maven precommit which passed 46.15% of the time. When
I looked at these numbers in mid January they were around 37% so there has
been some improvement. Regardless of the build tool it seems that our pass
rates aren't stellar for the Java build and are causing the community to
not follow best practices (wait for precommits to be green before merging).
I know that on the website we used the mergebot to ensure that things
passed before they were merged, should we institute this on the master
branch or are their any other ideas?

As a side note we had achieved the goals we set out to not need to maintain
the Maven precommit and have authored the first PR to drop the Maven
precommit:  https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/4814

Well, I'd be for a strong switch otherwise PR will keep using maven,
jenkins will not test the code and at the end we fail to deliver something
consistent. So whatever tool is selected I'm tempted to say drop other
build files and jenkins hooks references.

What about doing it after 2.4 vote?