I am interested in more clarity on this as well. It has been deprecated for
a long time without a replacement, and its usage has only grown, both
within Beam code base as well as in user applications.

If we are certain that it will not be removed before there is a good
replacement for it, can we undeprecate it until there are proper plans for
replacement?