On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 2:18 PM Kenneth Knowles <k...@google.com> wrote:

> I disagree strongly here - I don't think the wiki will have appropriate
> polish for users. Even if carefully polished I don't think the presentation
> style is right, and it is not flexible. Power users will find it, of course.

I wasn't imagining a wiki as a platform for developers to author
documentation, rather a place for users to author content for other users
(tips and tricks, handy PTransforms, etc.) at a much lower bar than
expecting users to go in and update our documentation. I agree with the
goal of not (further) fragmenting our documentation.

As for mixing contributor vs. user information on the same site, I think
it's valuable to have some integration and treat the two as a continuum
(after all, our (direct) users are already developers) and consider it an
asset to have a "contribute" heading right in the main site. (Perhaps, if
it's confusing, we could move it all the way to the right.) I don't think
we'll be doing ourselves a favor by blinding copying all the existing docs
to a wiki. That being said I think it makes sense to start playing with
using a wiki, and see how much value that adds on top of what we already
have.