Hi!

Wanted to let you know that I've just merged the PR that adds
checkpointable SDF support to the portable reference runner (ULR) and the
Java SDK harness:

https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/5566

So now we have a reference implementation of SDF support in a portable
runner, and a reference implementation of SDF support in a portable SDK
harness.
>From here on, we need to replicate this support in other portable runners
and other harnesses. The obvious targets are Flink and Python respectively.

Chamikara was going to work on the Python harness. +Thomas Weise
<t...@apache.org> Would you be interested in the Flink portable streaming
runner side? It is of course blocked by having the rest of that runner
working in streaming mode though (the batch mode is practically done - will
send you a separate note about the status of that).