+1 to Andrew's concerns. Leaving the tickets unassigned will cause the
ticket being ignored and no actions being taken.

I can see the challenges on ticket assignment. Like Mikhail mentioned, the
plugin does not support dynamic assignments. We have to implement custom
script to determine the assignees and do some tricks to the jenkins job.
Also, the post-commits tests usually cover tons of stuffs that it is
difficult to find which part was broken and ask the right person to look
into within the Auto JIRA process. Some naive thoughts: Are we able to send
emails to the dev@ to ask people to take care of the JIRA issues? Are we
able to find component leads and ask them triage the test failure tickets?

Another nitpick comment. Does the jenkins job file the JIRA issue in every
test failure? Sometimes the test continuously fails in a time period due to
the same reason. In this case, we will get some duplicate issues filed by
Jenkins. I think it could be better if we can avoid filing issues if the
previous one has not been resolved.

Thanks.
Yifan