3 - We benefit from increased test coverage by having examples together
with the rest of the code.  As Robert mentions in the doc, hosting the Beam
examples in the main repository is the best way to keep the examples
visible, tested and maintained.  Given that we recently moved to a single
repository for the website since that previously caused a lot of pain, it
makes sense to be consistent here.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:27 AM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:

> 2 - Similar to Huygaa, I see value in keeping a core set of examples
> tested and maintained against head. At the same time I understand the value
> of a growing set of community grown examples that are targeted against a
> pre-defined versions of Beam and not necessarily updated at every release.
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Huygaa Batsaikhan <bat...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 2 - I like the idea of having a separate repo where we can have more
>> freedom to check in examples. However, we benefit from having immediate
>> core examples in Beam for testing purposes.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:38 AM David Cavazos <dcava...@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> We discussed several options as well as some of the implications of each
>>> option. Please vote for your favorite option, feel free to back it up with
>>> any reasons that make you feel that way.
>>>
>>> 1) Move *all* samples to a *new *examples* repository*
>>> 2) Move *some* samples to a *new *examples* repository*