Hi,

I found the Java PortableRunner class in org.apache.beam.runners.reference
package, where ReferenceRunner used to reside prior to its deletion. The
PortableRunner implementation however is one that can be used with real
JobServers in production code.

It seems that this class shouldn’t be in the reference package but
somewhere else. I’d like to rename the package from
org.apache.beam.runners.reference to org.apache.beam.runners.portability,
as it contains only classes related to the portable runner operation.

What do you think? If nobody is strongly against the change, I’ll make a
pull request with the refactor.

Have a good day,

Michal

--