Hi,

I think doing something in Asia later in the year would be very cool, I
think given there has not yet been a lot of formal activity there, we
should give plenty of time to ensure good local sponsorship etc...

Cheers

Reza

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 19:10, jincheng sun <sunjincheng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for extend the discussion to the user mailing list?
>
> Maximilian Michels <m...@apache.org> 于2019年11月8日周五 下午6:32写道:
>
>> The dates sounds good to me. I agree that the bay area has an advantage
>> because of its large tech community. On the other hand, it is a question
>> of how we run the event. For Berlin we managed to get about 200
>> attendees to Berlin, but for the BeamSummit in Las Vegas with ApacheCon
>> the attendance was much lower.
>>
>> Should this also be discussed on the user mailing list?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Max
>>
>> On 07.11.19 22:50, Alex Van Boxel wrote:
>> > For date wise, I'm wondering why we should switching the Europe and NA
>> > one, this would mean that the Berlin and the new EU summit would be
>> > almost 1.5 years apart.
>> >
>> >   _/
>> > _/ Alex Van Boxel
>> >

>> > On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:43 PM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com
>> > <mailto:al...@google.com>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     I prefer bay are for NA summit. My reasoning is that there is a
>> >     criticall mass of contributors and users in that location, probably
>> >     more than alternative NA locations. I was not involved with planning
>> >     recently and I do not know if there were people who could attend due
>> >     to location previously. If that is the case, I agree with Elliotte
>> >     on looking for other options.
>> >
>> >     Related to dates: March (Asia) and mid-May (NA) dates are a bit
>> >     close. Mid-June for NA might be better to spread events. Other
>> >     pieces looks good.
>> >
>> >     Ahmet
>> >
>> >     On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:09 AM Elliotte Rusty Harold
>> >     <elh...@ibiblio.org <mailto:elh...@ibiblio.org>> wrote:
>> >
>> >         The U.S. sadly is not a reliable destination for international
>> >         conferences these days. Almost every conference I go to, big and
>> >         small, has at least one speaker, sometimes more, who can't get
>> into
>> >         the country. Canada seems worth considering. Vancouver,
>> >         Montreal, and
>> >         Toronto are all convenient.
>> >
>> >         On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:17 PM Griselda Cuevas <g...@apache.org
>> >         <mailto:g...@apache.org>> wrote:
>> >          >
>> >          > Hi Beam Community!
>> >          >
>> >          > I'd like to kick off a thread to discuss potential dates and
>> >         venues for the 2020 Beam Summits.
>> >          >
>> >          > I did some research on industry conferences happening in 2020
>> >         and pre-selected a few ranges as follows:
>> >          >
>> >          > (2 days) NA between mid-May and mid-June
>> >          > (2 days) EU mid October
>> >          > (1 day) Asia Mini Summit:  March
>> >          >
>> >          > I'd like to hear your thoughts on these dates and get
>> >         consensus on exact dates as the convo progresses.
>> >          >
>> >          > For locations these are the options I reviewed:
>> >          >
>> >          > NA: Austin Texas, Berkeley California, Mexico City.
> [...]

This email may be confidential and privileged. If you received this
communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please
erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone
to the wrong person.

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided
solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do
not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations
will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is
executed in writing by all parties involved.