Hi All,

I am working on adding support for some additional distribution metrics
like std dev, percentiles to the Metrics API. The runner of interest here
is Samza runner. I wanted to get the opinion of fellow beam devs on this.

One way to do this would be to make changes to the existing Distribution
metric:
- Add additional metrics to Distribution metric- custom percentiles, std
dev, mean. Use Dropwizard Histogram under the hood in DistributionData to
track the distribution of the data.
- This also means changes to accompanying classes like DistributionData,
DistributionResult which might involve runner specific changes.

Is this an acceptable change or would you suggest something else? Is the
Distribution metric only intended to track the metrics that it is currently
tracking- sum, min, max, count?

Thanks
Ajo