Hey Austin, I'm +1 for adding a welcome bot, I would vote we use
https://github.com/actions/first-interaction instead though.

The pros I see are:
- (minor) we don't need to install the bot (which would require infra
approval I believe)
- GitHub has generally lowered (if not completely deprecated) probot apps
in favor of actions
- it matches our other automations which are all actions based

The only con I see:
- actions/first-interaction doesn't support PR merge messages (
https://github.com/behaviorbot/welcome#first-pr-merge)

If you put up a PR for `first-interaction`, I'm happy to review/merge
(barring further disagreement on this thread).

Thanks,
Danny