I'm -1 on GitHub discussions.

If anything the user can just file a GitHub issue for the same purpose, if
they prefer the GitHub interface over emails. In theory, GHDiscussions can
be better for very active topics, but honestly I don't think we have that
sort of throughput.

 Having payed attention to a few uses of the Go Programming Language use of
GitHub features, i found the Discussions lead to *more* repetitive threads
and points, since folks are emboldened to not pay attention outside of
their local thread in the discussion.

I can't see much of a meaningful difference between them and using the
Apache Slack instance, which can also have threaded micro discussions.