Hi Taylor,

Just to be clearn, in most other projects, we stage the distributions on repository. We upload the distro and signatures to dist.apache.org only when the vote passed.

Basically, the release process I talked with Davor (and that I will document) is:
- Tag and stage using mvn release:prepare release:perform
- Close repo
- Start vote
- If passed, forward vote to incubator
- If passed, close repo
- Upload distro to dist
- Announce the release (mailing lists, website)

It's based on what I do in Karaf, ServiceMix, etc.

Regards
JB