Good Day Team,

I want to build an old version of HDP.  Theoretically I should be able to
do that with BigTop, but I'm having issues because patches are running and
not finding what they're looking for and failing my build.

How do I turn off a patch intended for a different version (say spark
2.3.0)?

Practical example:  *In master:* I want to build spark 2.3.0.  If I use
bigtop.bom or git to build both fail when they try to apply
patch2-snappy-java-1.1.8.diff.
Which is totally needed for a fix in some later version of spark, but not
the version I'm using. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to turn
on/off specific version patches, or perhaps this patch isn't following the
paradigm.

Should I open a ticket to create a new functionality that only applies
patches to specific versions? Or is this already baked in and I have hit a
subtle bug?
Thoughts?