I really would like to get netty4 in sooner rather then later.  Simply because
we have been running with it for quite a while in production so we know it is
relatively stable, and it is the basis of a lot of other patches we want to
push back.  Meaning we only have a handful of patches to push back before
netty4 starts to make things much more difficult if not impossible for other
patches.  If we do want to wait until 4.6.x for netty4 then I would propose
that we create a 4.5.x branch simply so we can start to move forward with
netty4 on master.  I realize that a change this big is going to add more work
to others too so I am open to other opinions.

- Bobby

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 9:22:39 AM CST, Enrico Olivelli
<eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:Hi all BookKeepers,
At the last community meeting JV reported that a Salesforce there is some
work on SSL/TLS, in particular due to better performances using native
OpenSSL + netty 4.

How the work is going ?

Open questions are:

1) status of my current patch on SSL

should I rebase, than get it merged and then continue the work from it
or JV and SF guys will pick up the work entirely ?

2) switch to Netty 4:
Initially we said that the switch to Netty 4 (from Yahoo and now from
Salesforce) could be skipped and done maybe for 4.6.x.

What are your current thoughts ?

-- Enrico