Sijie,
Most of the upcoming patches from Yahoo will need Netty 4, and at
Salesforce are working on Netty 4 + SSL, so the idea at the last meeting
was to get Netty 4.1 in in 4.5
I think that most of the problem is that you local fork actually is based
on Netty 3, as we recently discussed about the inclusion of the reference
to Netty 3 HashedWheelTimer in one "public" API.

How can we go on ? Merge Twitter/DistributedLog first and than upgrade to
Netty and merge Yahoo work or interleave the changes ?

>From my point of view I cannot give any good suggestion because I don't
know the amount of work to be merged from all the three major forks.

My two cents

- Enrico