Julian,

Overall, I agree with you Julian and Francis. Ideally, we would find
the resources among committers to review all PRs. My +1 for the bot
mainly came from a desire to keep the list of open PRs as ones which
are actively being worked on. Perhaps many of the same goals would be
accomplished by a one-time cleanup of existing abandoned PRs.

I think having the PRs on GitHub better managed would go a long way to
encouraging people to review them. For example, if you're reviewing a
PR with the intent of eventually merging, assign it to yourself. If
any committer could easily find a list of recent, unassigned PRs, it
would make reviewing much easier.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org