Michael>Why not just use GitHub pages
Michael>on the existing repositories?

1) I guess we'd better have a single repository for both Avatica and Calcite
2) Pushing site/reports to Git repository (e.g. apache/calcite.git) would
count towards repository size, thus it would impact every users of
Avatica/Calcite sources

Typically we don't want to store build artifacts side by side with the
sources.

If we use a dedicated repository, then we can throw it away if it becomes
too big for some reason.
On the other hand removing old commits from regular source repositories is
very complicated.

I guess GitHub pages is the most simple and well-understood approach. It
works, and it has little damage scope.

Vladimir