What is the suggested flow for the forked repositories?
The forks would probably need to make adjustments: either rename the branch
or re-target the branch (and update CI configuration).

I don't think a volunteer can help with updating forks including private
ones :(

Even if we rename `master` branch, Calcite would still use the labor of
Jenkins slaves that are controlled by Jenkins master to verify Calcite
quality.
Does that mean we must stop using Jenkins immediately?

AFAIK there's just one week left before https://builds.apache.org/
decommission (~15
Aug or so), so we need to migrate to https://ci-builds.apache.org/ or
reject Jenkins to avoid slavery.

--

Just in case: as a non-native speaker, I treat "master branch" and "main
branch" virtually indistinguishable.

Vladimir