I don't want to get too into the weeds here since there hasn't been
any strong opposition and it seems like this is a change everyone
(some perhaps reluctantly) are ok with moving forward with. But a
couple comments:

Has anyone expressed concern? No, but given that main is explicitly
neutral, I'd rather not place the burden on people who may find
terminology offensive to raise the issue.
Do I think about slavery whenever I merge into master? No, but my
ancestors were also not owned as slaves.

I've opened CALCITE-4147 to track what needs to be done for this.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4147

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org