Hi guys,

How do you feel about participating in an online meetup for Calcite in
January 2021?

It's been forever since we organised a Calcite meetup and with the current
situation (pandemic) it will be almost impossible to hold one in person in
the near future.

Nevertheless, people now more than ever tend to organise and attend such
events so we could take advantage of the situation to exchange ideas, learn
new things, and meet each other in a more interactive way.

We can have a few presentations and slots for open discussion among us.

The subject can be anything from something very technical to a very simple
presentation of an adapter, the use of calcite in a university course, in
academia, or whatever else you can imagine.

The duration can be also flexible, ranging from a few minutes to an hour or
more depending on the courage of the speaker.

I'm sure most of us have some slides here and there that could feed a small
presentation around Calcite so let's make this happen!

So are there people interested to give a talk around Calcite?

Personally, I can give a presentation on very basic stuff on query
optimization and Calcite showing a bit of motivation and going through the
main APIs with examples and code samples.

Apart from speakers, are there people interested in attending such meetups?

We can fix the date and time based on the region of the majority.

Best,
Stamatis