Let's try to fix the date/time and tentative agenda so that we can add some
information on meetup [1].

So far we have three presenters, Julian, Rui, and myself. We can start like
that and if in the process there are more people interested to give a small
talk we can update the program.

Let's try to get a date in the last two weeks of January to give us a bit
more time to prepare. Personally, I don't have a preference for that being
a business day or not and I am in UTC+1.
For instance, how do you feel about Wednesday, 20 January 2021, 18:00:00 to
21:00 UTC+1 [2] ?

As soon as we have a rough estimate on the number of attendees we can also
decide which platform to use for the event.

Even if the number of participants ends up being low, having new
material for our website is still a plus.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Calcite/
[2] https://s.apache.org/uhrzo

Tentative Agenda

Title: An introduction to query processing & Apache Calcite
Speaker: Stamatis Zampetakis
Duration: 50min
Abstract:
In this talk, I will go over some basic notions around query processors and
demonstrate how they map to concepts in Calcite.
I will start with some simple use-cases and show how from Java code we can
go to relational algebra and SQL, explaining the importance of a
declarative language and the role of a query processing framework.
Then, I will focus on the query processor, illustrating the general
architecture and the main components of Apache Calcite.
After a simple end to end example of the different modules, I will perform
a live coding session demonstrating how we can put together the main
components of Calcite to build a simple query processor for in-memory
data.