Thanks for raising awareness Vladimir.

To be honest, I am not sure how we should move forward but I think it's a
bit late to ask people not to upgrade.
We can let people know about the potential issues but I guess this is
already done via this mail.
People who are responsible for upgrading Calcite, tend to follow the dev
list so they can take the necessary actions.

I assume that there are already people who upgraded to 1.26 and they spend
some time and effort to make it happen.
Reverting the feature for the next release will necessitate further actions
on their side and it may be counter productive.

In any case, I think it is important to create the appropriate JIRAs with
the queries that fail.
That way we can have a better view of what needs to be fixed for the next
release and track the progress.

If we decide to go for a broader announcement then the JIRAs will also be
useful as a reference.

Best,
Stamatis