I see there is a desire to keep SEARCH in the next release.
I see there's a silence as well (e.g. some committers/PMCs are not
replying) which is understandable.

However, there's even more: Danny and Julian commit more changes/features
to search/sarg feature.
I guess it was unintentional, however, Julian committed CALCITE-4383 and
CALCITE-4389. The commits depend on SEARCH code, so I can't really revert
SEARCH and keep 4383/4389 at the same time (e.g. the new changes
modify SqlInternalOperators which was added in "Add internal SEARCH
operator" commit)

So I would have to revert some of the recent commits as well :(

Vladimir