I share the concerns raised by Stamatis and Haisheng.
I understand the motivations behind Vladimir's decision, I would not oppose
a revert but I'm not 100% sure at this point it is the best approach.
I would lean towards creating bug tickets in Jira describing the known
issues, with version "1.27" and priority "blocker", work on them and when
the release date approaches re-evaluate the situation (if they are not
solved by then, then revert).

Best regards,
Ruben