Hey everyone,

It's been around 7 months since the last Avatica release. There has been some push to get 1.18.0 out before the Calcite 1.27.0 release, so that the fixes in 1.18.0 can make it into the Calcite release.

I saw a few open PRs on Github that could be potentially merged for this release:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/135
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/132
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/129 <- this one is pretty much ready to merge except for the commit message - https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/115 <- it would be nice if someone could carry this one, I think this one is almost there

Are there any other PRs to merge or issues to look at?

There hasn't been a whole lot of commits since the last release, so I think this release should be pretty straight forward. It would be much appreciated if the community can have a look at those PRs I have highlighted.

Francis