Hi Francis,
I had a look at https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/115, LGTM, I
haven't done a review on the PR itself as I have nothing I'd change, if you
think my approval can help I will mark it as such.

I noticed that the PR has conflicts with master, I rebased it and run all
tests locally and via github actions (tests
<https://github.com/asolimando/calcite-avatica/actions/runs/534598842>
and gradle
validate
<https://github.com/asolimando/calcite-avatica/actions/runs/534598840>),
it's all good. Since the PR is from another user, I have rebased in a
branch in my own fork (
https://github.com/asolimando/calcite-avatica/tree/CALCITE-3401-rebased), I
have never pushed to an open PR from another user, maybe I could have done
(or could still do) that.

Anyway, since I am not a committer this is the farest I can go, but if
there is anything else I can do, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Alessandro