+1 for a release.

Our users rely on a regular cadence of releases. If someone submits a patch and
doesn’t see it in a release until 6 months later (or it sits un-reviewed) they
will be less inclined to submit a patch.

Yeah, I know Open Source Doesn’t Require Providing Builds [1] but it makes
everyone’s life easier.

Julian

[1] https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39094387