Thank you, Hongyu, for volunteering to be a release manager.

What's worth to mention is that to be a release manager does not
require PMC membership nor being a committer, and it is a good chance
to be involved in community activities apart from code/discussion,
which would be a good additional credit for being considered as
committer or PMC member candidate.

Hongyu Guo <guohongyu...@gmail.com> 于2024年3月13日周三 11:29写道:

> I would like to take on the role of RM for one release
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 2:58 AM Alessandro Solimando <
> alessandro.solima...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Sergey,
> > thanks for being the release manager for 1.37.0.
> >
> > I have added fixVersion=1.37.0 to CALCITE-2040
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2040>, as its associated PR
> > <https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/3666> is in good shape IMO, and we
> > are trying to get it done shortly with Hongyu.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alessandro
> >
> > On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 at 16:49, Sergey Nuyanzin <snuyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Updates about 1.37.0 releasing
> > >
> > > According to our Jira dashboard [1] and Github [2], there
> > > are 17 pending issues that could / should be part of the release.
> > > I'd propose to make a collective effort to try to clean up our 1.37.0
> > > backlog and merge the PRs which are in a good state. I'd propose to
> > > aim for about 2 weeks to release 1.37.0, this will give us about
> > > some time to clean up pending PRs for the next version. What do you
> > think?
> > >
> > > And contributors, if you have any work that is in good shape and want
> > > to be included in 1.37.0, please mark the fixVersion to 1.37.0, this
> > > will inform the release manager, and we'll try our best to get it in.
> > >
> > > A quick update on the current status for issues targeted 1.37.0
> > > We need more reviewers for #2
> > >
> > > #1. Issues already have reviewers, and seems promising to be merged
> > shortly
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6138
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6015
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6283
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5607
> > >
> > >  #2. Issues has been reviewed, and needs another reviewer
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3522
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6071
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6210
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6259
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2067
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6226
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6193
> > >

> > > It could happen that I miss something, please let me know
> > > if there is something with fixVersion 1.37.0 ready for review and not
> > > mentioned here
> > >
> > > Also I created a JIRA issue for releasing 1.37.0
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-6302
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12333950
> > > [2] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pulls

> [...]