Matteo,

Putting in better Ruby route support is actually a TODO for us... we already
have Ruby expression support [1] and preliminary route support [2]. The Ruby
route support is only available in the newest milestone of Camel 2.0 and I
haven't yet tried it :) There is an example here [4], give it a whirl!

[1] http://camel.apache.org/ruby.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-ruby
[3] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel-ruby/2.0-M1/
[4]