On 20 July 2011 16:43, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:47:19 AM James Strachan wrote:
>> Dan could you please explain why you're deleting pages from the wiki which
>> describe open source camel components without first at least having a
>> discussion about it?
>
> Because in this case, there is nothing really to discuss.   That page CANNOT
> be hosted here.   Period.  It's not supported by the Apache Camel project.
> It's not part of Apache Camel.   Etc....   If the Scalate team would like to
> create a page on their own site with information, we can create a new "3rd
> party Camel Components" page or table or similar that provides a (nofollow)
> link to their page, but Apache cannot provide hosting and such for
> documentation of external components.  Alternatively, if they would like to
> donate the Scalate component to camel, we could put it back for 2.9.   I can
> help out with the software grant needed.

Don't you think it'd be a little nicer to just bring this discussion
up first rather than just going ahead and deleting stuff? If that page
has to move somewhere so be it - but please talk to folks first.
Deleting stuff without comment or discussion is pretty rude behaviour.
BTW no need to SHOUT

--
James
-------