Hi

Yeah I seemed a bit rushed.

On the components page, Dan added since in the bottom a table with
much related components, but as the components is not included in the
Camel source tree, he separated them from the top table.
http://camel.apache.org/components

Maybe we could add the scalete component to this table in the bottom?

When someone creates a Camel components there is always a decision to
be made, whether the component should be hosted as part of the 3rd
party component, or donated and included at Apache Camel. Sometimes it
makes most sense to include it in the 3rd party in case its more tied
into that project, and that project changes more frequent, and for
example the Camel glue is just a thin layer. As well as the 3rd party
team is in control of that component etc. For example we had a
discussion with the Activiti team whether to host the Camel Activiti
integration at them or at Apache.

In this case the scalete component is also build using scala code, and
scalete was being innovated rapidly. So I guess the decision back them
was to keep the scalete-camel component at Scalete for the time being.

I am sure we can ask the scelete team to donate it to Apache if thats
what we want. But lets try to avoid this again. It does send a message
to 3rd party who take time to integrate their product with Camel a
wrong message.

The scalete JARs is synced to central maven, so there is no problem
with that. And AFAIR they are osgi compliant as well.

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews