On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll step in here…
>
> Much of what Dan has done is in the corporate world very very much wanted.
> Dan offered his time to keep on back porting fixing and non api breaking
> features.

Dan is not the only person doing this. We are already backporting to
the 2.8 branch. Also after the 2.8.1 release.

Well there were some API breakings in there, however on the small side
as they face internally,
but still. Some commits wasn't necessary to backport as they cases
these minor/micro API changes.

> That means we'll see (and we can debate that) "done in 2.9, available in
> 2.8.5)
>
> I think Dan already said he should have said more of a "hey", debating if we
> need this is
> going to go in the insane bin, most customers I work with complain about the
> lack of a
> stable train that provides fixes with no upgrades….

The 2.8.2 would have become more stable if there was not backported
soo many changes.