Now it's a bit more clearer, but not totally.

IMO, we only backported bugs and dependency changes which are bugfix
versions in the past. With Camel 2.8.2, we backported much more - mostly
all. I've expected a [DISCUSS] about this - not only a [HEADS UP]. I'm sure
Dan has good reasons for this, but it shoud be discussed first.

We backported mostly all changes (which doesn't break users existing code)
into the 2.8 branch, but only a few changes into the 2.7 branch. Why? As
Hadrian mentioned in the board report, the 2.7 branch is still in
maintenance.

When I'm back, I will add a WIKI page which describes our development
process/policy for backporting changes.

Thanks in advance for clarification,
Christian

Sent from a mobile device