On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Christian Müller
<christian.muel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See my notes inline
>
> Christian
> Am 22.09.2011 13:43 schrieb "Christian Müller" <christian.muel...@gmail.com
>>:
>>
>> Now it's a bit more clearer, but not totally.
>>
>> IMO, we only backported bugs and dependency changes which are bugfix
> versions in the past. With Camel 2.8.2, we backported much more - mostly
> all. I've expected a [DISCUSS] about this - not only a [HEADS UP]. I'm sure
> Dan has good reasons for this, but it shoud be discussed first.
>>
>> We backported mostly all changes (which doesn't break users existing code)
> into the 2.8 branch, but only a few changes into the 2.7 branch. Why? As
> Hadrian mentioned in the board report, the 2.7 branch is still in
> maintenance.
>>
>> When I'm back, I will add a WIKI page which describes our development
> process/policy for backporting changes.
>
> Also how to do it with the mentioned Java/Python scripts, as we have it done
> with our release step-by-step guide. I didn't know these scripts and nobody
> told me about their existence. I was not able to find a WIKI page about it
> (with my mobile phone ;-) ). I could imagine, I'm not the only one...

Yeah now that I got the tooling on my laptop working I would like to
add some notes in our wiki
how to do this.

Its going to be added somewhere here, as a sub page:
http://camel.apache.org/developers.html

There should also be a .exe of the svnmerge so its easy for windows
users to run it.

FuseSource
Email: cib...@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com