I'm really glad we now offer a mongoDB component.  It's even helped push me
out of the nest - I'm building trunk for the first time just so I can try it
out!

What do you think about adding support for arbitrary DB commands?  It could
be a neat way to trigger a Map-Reduce, execute server-side javascript, or
even run administrative operations.

I'm thinking this would be easy to implement since MongoDB accepts command
invocations encoded in a BSON document.  We'd only have to add an operation
like "dbCommand" to the endpoint, and send the command to it in the same way
that queries are sent for the findAll operation.

http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Commands

~ Reuben