In regards to camelwatch,

I am having the same issue as James building camelwatch due to the new
dependency on the jmxc library.

It seems as though in a recent update, sksamual has added a new dependency
on https://github.com/sksamuel/jmxc.   When I try to build jmxc library I
get some scala compile errors.

In my current situation, I made some changes locally to camelwatch, but now
I can't merge back into master due to the recent dependencies on jmxc.    I
have tried contacting sksamuel, but perhaps he's on vacation or I have his
wrong email.

My two cents is that I like the approach in camelwatch, I like that there is
a separate rest api vs the ui layer.

My vote would be to work with sksamuel and host it with apache to ensure a
bit of stability as well as get rid of the existing camel-web.   hawtio
looks great as well, I'm just not familiar enough with angular yet to know
how to extend it..