Hello,

Jbit seems quite promising.
Really nice work from gnodet as always.
-1 for this one.
Even though java has new features, most features are basically in terms of
expressions enhancements which enables most expressive coding. ( there are
various jsr s but this is how i personally and simply see)
Other than that, java 8 is still quite common i production envs. Unless you
do all fancy cloud stuff and even you do there are so many tech stacks, yet
camel as integration framework with or without fancy cloud things is quite
powerful and it's been quite fun using it in many usecases rather than
focusing only on cloud techies.
I appreciate most community people as users are using commercial versions
of camel and yet quite many of community are folks of such companies. They
do great products with lots of vision and investment and what not so i can
understand they want to drive these kinds of decisions in benefit of both
products and open source community. Eventually cloud era and keeping up
versions as much compatible as with base language features sounds
reasonable in many aspects but personally as i have also seen many projects
using camel without many of fancy cloud tools and whatnot and also many of
them using tools, frameworks and commercial tools. So supporting multiple
versions as baseline java 8 sounds better option to me, even though there
is maintenance pitfall. Please also note that community members from
driving companies of camel OSS have got my full respect so eventually this
will be community decision.

Regards