My point is more about the "form". I’m not against, but it seems we have
concerns from several people now. So, even if it has been discussed, maybe we
didn’t do a vote or having formal vote.

Anyway, if you think it’s good enough from a community perspective, I’m fine
with that, and again agree to move forward dropping Java8,  but it’s weird we
have concerns only now (and not during the discussion) ;)

Regards
JB