Personally I see only Quarkus decision as a concern, we can review the
timeline for dropping the Java 8 support.

I do believe that is almost impossible to have a codebase working on Java
8, 11 and 14 and the more time we wait to drop java 8 much more it will be
the work needed to support Java 14 and later.