> One problem, IMHO, camel-test-junit5 already has a dependency chain that is
> pretty complex, which is one of the things I wanted to solve ... But, more

Sorry if it is a naive question but can't it be solved or at least improved
directly at camel-test-junit5 level? But please note this artifact is
relatively old (4 years) and the community doesn't seem to complain about it so
much so I guess it is not really seen as a big issue.

> importantly, the problem is that I think it would be detrimental to Camel
> and the community to have 2 test approaches (one based on the
> CamelTestSupport and another based on the JUnit 5 extension), even if the
> code is reorganized within camel-test-junit5.

We already have 2 test approaches right now (even more if we count test-main
and test-spring), the only difference is that there are in different artifacts.
If your idea is to keep only one approach in the near future, in both cases, it
means that we will need to deprecate some classes and then remove them. The
only difference is that if we keep 2 artifacts, the old artifact will need to
be deprecated too, and then removed entirely.

As you have mentioned before the CI is not stable enough, so it would be great
if we could find a solution to make it more stable but I'm not really convinced
that rewriting all the existing tests will help, IMHO, it is more a risk to add
more flaky tests which would make the situation worse because it is a huge
change so it is easy to make mistakes while migrating. I guess, I would be
convinced if we could only migrate the unstable tests first to prove that it
really helps, and if so I would be more than happy to give my +1 on it.

As a recipient of an email from the Talend Group, your personal data will be
processed by our systems. Please see our Privacy Notice
<https://www.talend.com/privacy-policy/> for more information about our
collection and use of your personal information, our security practices, and
your data protection rights, including any rights you may have to object to
automated-decision making or profiling we use to analyze support or marketing
related communications. To manage or discontinue promotional communications,
use the communication preferences
portal<https://info.talend.com/emailpreferencesen.html>. To exercise your data
protection rights, use the privacy request
form<https://talend.my.onetrust.com/webform/ef906c5a-de41-4ea0-ba73-96c079cdd15a/b191c71d-f3cb-4a42-9815-0c3ca021704cl>.
 Contact us here <https://www.talend.com/contact/> or by mail to either of our
co-headquarters: Talend, Inc.: 400 South El Camino Real, Ste 1400, San Mateo,
CA 94402; Talend SAS: 5/7 rue Salomon De Rothschild, 92150 Suresnes, France