Hi all,

I am an Apache committer (Apache Synapse ESB, WS All) and working for an
organization that develops open-source products.  We are interesting in
using the Cassandra in our products. We need multi-tenancy support as well
as a pluggable authentication and authorization architecture in the
Cassandra. We would like to contribute to the Cassandra in our capacity. I
have two concerns and am extremely grateful for your help on resolving
those.

*Multi-tenancy*

I noticed that you are implementing multi-tenancy [1].  Could you please
guess that how long it would take to finish to the remaining work? I would
like to contribute to that. However, I am a newbie to the Cassandra.
Therefore, I do not know how much time it may take to do such a
contribution.

Would it be possible to support multi-tenancy (work around) with existing
implementation?  Two vague ideas: (1) qualified keyspaces (by the tenet
domain) (2) multiple Cassandra storage configurations in a single node (one
per tenant). For both options, the resource hierarchy would be /cassandra/
<cluster_name>/<tenant name (domain)>/keyspaces/<ks_name>/...

*Authentication and Authorization
*
I believe it would be able to plug a custom authentication and authorization
implementation through IAuthenticator and IAuthority.

I am extremely grateful for your feedback for clearing up my vague ideas and
also about the best possible ways to achieve my requirements.

Thanks,

Indika

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MultiTenant