On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM, indika kumara <indika.k...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
>
> I would like you feedback on my two ideas for implementing mufti tenancy
> with the existing implementation.  Would those be possible to implement?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Indika

> multiple Cassandra storage configurations in a single node (one per
> tenant).
> For both options, the resource hierarchy would be /cassandra/
> <cluster_name>/<tenant name (domain)>/keyspaces/<ks_name>/

(1) has the problem of multiple memtables (a large amount just isn't viable
right now.)  (2) more or less has the same problem, but in JVM instances.

I would suggest a) not trying to offer cassandra itself, and instead build a
service that uses cassandra under the hood, and b) splitting up tenants in
this layer.

-Brandon