Speaking from the perspective of a large corporation with many and varied
privacy and IP protection requirements it will be totally impossible to send
ANY kind of data into the public network from a production Data Center.

I expect most companies with similar concerns would want to be ASSURED that
this could not happen by removing such code altogether. If you consider such
code in the product you should make an easy way to configure it out completely
not just disable it.

I don't think you will get enough valuable information for the heartache it
will cause your internal corporate champions.

r.