Thanks Jonathan. I’m starting to get a clearer idea of what’s
going on here. Do you think it was a walled garden in terms of
making reviews for incoming driver patches when you did have
them in the tree? What you are talking about in the first paragraph
is precisely the reason that your community expands and that you
create new PMC members and committers as they contribute things.
You inevitably as a community will run into that situation and
in those cases it’s time to make the new people PMC members and
committers especially if you didn’t have the expertise in the
code they are contributing to start with.

Furthermore, it sounds like you are saying for Java and Python
these weren’t “fly by” contributions and more work has gone on
in those drivers than e.g., compared to Clojure, C++, etc.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris