I would recommend several things that could help this (and probably many
other patches that accidentally went under radar) to get accepted. It's
hard to keep an enormous amount of issues in memory, so we try to rely on
simple rules that help everyone to see current status and understand what
to do next with the ticket:

   * if you are planning to work on ticket, assign it to yourself.
Sometimes it's also good to comment on it (if there was previous activity),
as someone else might be already working on it but forgot to mention it or
assign it. Doesn't happen often though.
  * If you're working on it, put it into "work in progress" status.
  * If you have finished working on the patch and think it's ready for
review, put it into "ready for review" state.
  * (bonus) ping someone on cassandra-dev IRC channel to get your patch
submitted for CI. Most of time however, this will be done by reviewer
anyways. But having a passing build is always reassuring.

I know that committers (and active contributors) are frequently reviewing
"ready for review" tickets and try to provide feedback. Relying only on
ticket comments is a bit hard, since it's too easy to lose track of them.

Sometimes it's possible that the next person who can review the ticket will
only have time in a couple of weeks. Everyone does their best. But if you
feel that it went forgotten, just leave another comment.

Hope this helps!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 9:19 AM Vladimir Yudovin <vla...@winguzone.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> in the light of broader community involvement  I would like to bring
> attentions to the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8596 I
> open with proposed patch.
>
> It's stuck for almost 1.5 years.
>

> I would like to help with Cassandra development and improvement, and I
> have several other fixes, some has JIRA, some not.
>

> Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,
>
> Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting
>

> --
Alex Petrov