> Summary of notes:
> - Artifact set checks out OK with regards to key sigs and checksums.
> - CASSANDRA-14962 is an issue when not using the current deb build
> method (using new docker method results in different source artifact
> creation & use). The docker rpm build suffers the same source problem
> and the src.rpm is significantly larger, since I think it copies all the
> downloaded maven artifacts in. It's fine for now, though :)
> - UNRELEASED deb build

Thanks for the thorough review Michael.

I did not know about CASSANDRA-14962, but it should be easy to fix now that the
-src.tar.gz is in the dev dist location and easy to re-use. I'll see if I can
create a patch for that (aiming to use it on alpha4).

And I was unaware of the UNRELEASED version issue. I can put a patch in for
that too, going into the prepare_release.sh script.

> Next step
> would be to do each package-type install and startup functional testing,
> but I don't have that time right now :)

I'm going to presume others that have voted have done package-type installs and
the basic testing, and move ahead. If I close the vote, I will need your help
Michael with the final steps running the patched finish_release.sh from the
`mck/14970_sha512-checksums` branch, found in
https://github.com/thelastpickle/cassandra-builds/blob/mck/14970_sha512-checksums/
    Because only PMC can `svn move` the files into
dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/

And for the upload_bintray.sh script, how do I get credentials, an infra ticket
i presume? (ie to https://bintray.com/apache )