On 2/3/20 5:21 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

Summary of notes:
- Artifact set checks out OK with regards to key sigs and checksums.
- CASSANDRA-14962 is an issue when not using the current deb build
method (using new docker method results in different source artifact
creation & use). The docker rpm build suffers the same source problem
and the src.rpm is significantly larger, since I think it copies all the
downloaded maven artifacts in. It's fine for now, though :)
- UNRELEASED deb build

Thanks for the thorough review Michael.

I did not know about CASSANDRA-14962, but it should be easy to fix now that the
-src.tar.gz is in the dev dist location and easy to re-use. I'll see if I can
create a patch for that (aiming to use it on alpha4).

Yep! Similarly, the rpm build has been wrong all along, but it's what we have. The -src.tar.gz should get copied to /$build/$path/SOURCE dir, I think it is(?). I think that might cure the larger .src.rpm.

And I was unaware of the UNRELEASED version issue. I can put a patch in for
that too, going into the prepare_release.sh script.

`dch -r` is usually a step I do before building, also checking NEWS and CHANGES and build.xml versions all align. Then the correct commit gets -tentative tagged. Building `dch -r` in would be OK, if all the other ducks are in a row.

Next step
would be to do each package-type install and startup functional testing,
but I don't have that time right now :)

I'm going to presume others that have voted have done package-type installs and
the basic testing, and move ahead. If I close the vote, I will need your help
Michael with the final steps running the patched finish_release.sh from the
`mck/14970_sha512-checksums` branch, found in
https://github.com/thelastpickle/cassandra-builds/blob/mck/14970_sha512-checksums/
     Because only PMC can `svn move` the files into
dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/

I usually do this before vote. I don't know how many other people, if any, test that all the packages can install and start.

And for the upload_bintray.sh script, how do I get credentials, an infra ticket
i presume? (ie to https://bintray.com/apache )

If I recall, I did an infra ticket with my github user id - this is how I log in. Once logged into bintray, you can find a token down in the user profile somewhere, which is used in the script.

Thanks again for walking through these steps.

Michael