> > * There's no copyright or NOTICE file in source jar artifact.

I'll double-check, but I do not remember this mentioned in the Apache guide
> I've followed, it's worth adding this information there if it's missing.

These links have a lot of info
 - http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
 - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html
 - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution

The Incubator is (overly) strict on releases, so their docs can be helpful
too.
 - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/ReleaseChecklist
 - http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

What was the guide you were using?

> > * What key has been used to sign?

Can you provide more specific details on that? Apache guide I've followed
> said you have to sign with your own key, which was what I've done. If this
> is not the case, it'd be great to know which key I should use. I did upload
> public key to ubuntu keystore for verification to.

You need to sign with your own key, and the public key needs to be in our
KEYS file.

( Also, the gpg key needs to reside, and the release made, on hardware
owned and only controlled (exclusively full administrative/superuser
access) by you. https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html )

> >  * The scm SHA is not mentioned in the vote.

True; branch is not merged since Cassandra patch that depends on it is not
> finalized. But to comply to Apache processes we can just merge the branch.

It doesn't matter on what branch the SHA is on, just so long as the SHA
that the release was cut from is announced, so the release is reproducible
also from scm. A git tag also helps.

cheers,
Mick