Hi,

As per the CEP guideline, I am sending this email to start a discussion
about Storage-Attached-Index[1][2] for Apache Cassandra.

A team at DataStax has developed a new index implementation, called Storage
Attached Index(SAI), based on the advancement made by SASI. SAI improves:

* disk usage by sharing of common data between multiple column indexes on
the same table and better compression of on-disk structures.
* numeric range query performance with modified KDTree and collection type
support.
* compaction performance and stability for larger data set.

There is a more detailed explanation about SAI design in the CEP document.
To make
the technical discussion simpler, we created a slack channel #cassandra-sai.

We are looking forward to the community's feedback and suggestions.

Regards,

Zhao Yang

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V830eAMmQAspjJdjviVZIaSolVGvZ1hVsqOLWyV0DS4/edit#heading=h.cgm22puztagk