Mick thanks for your questions.

> During the 4.0 beta phase this was intended to be addressed, i.e.>
defining more specific QA guidelines for 4.0-rc. This would be an important
> step towards QA guidelines for all changes and CEPs post-4.0.

Agreed, I think CASSANDRA-15536
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-15536> (4.0 Quality:
Components and Test Plans) has set a good example of QA/Testing.

>  - How will this be tested, how will its QA status and lifecycle be>
defined? (per above)

SAI will follow the same QA/Testing guideline as in CASSANDRA-15536.

>  - With existing C* code needing to be changed, what is the proposed
plan> for making those changes ensuring maintained QA, e.g. is there
separate QA
> cycles planned for altering the SPI before adding a new SPI
implementation?

The plan is to have interface changes and their new implementations to be
reviewed/tested/merged at once to reduce overhead.

But if having interface changes reviewed/tested/merged separately helps
quality, I don't think anyone will object.

> - Despite being out of scope, it would be nice to have some idea from
the>  CEP author of when users might still choose afresh 2i or SASI over SAI

I'd like SAI to be the only index for users, but this is a decision to be
made by the community.

> - Who fills the roles involved?

Contributors that are still active on C* or related projects:

Andres de la Peña
Caleb Rackliffe
Dan LaRocque
Jason Rutherglen
Mike Adamson
Rocco Varela
Zhao Yang

I will shepherd.

Anyone that is interested in C* index, feel free to join us at slack
#cassandra-sai.

> - Is there a preference to use gdoc instead of the project's wiki, and>
why? (the CEP process suggest a wiki page, and feedback on why another
> approach is considered better helps evolve the CEP process itself)

Didn't notice wiki is required. Will port CEP to wiki.